Pete Harris is a business and technology consultant advising on innovation in the development, deployment and positioning of transformative enterprise technologies.
With nearly 40 years of business, technology and marketing experience, Pete helps both early stage and established IT companies with business and product strategies, with a particular focus on developing go-to-market and growth programs through partnerships, thought leadership creation and events.
Pete's LinkedIn profile is here.
Here is some more background on Pete ...
- Software architect, developer and project manager at the London Stock Exchange, Fidessa, Knight-Ridder Unicom and the Financial Times. Architected and developed software for automated phototypesetting, real-time financial data handling, videotext price display and price distribution within trading rooms, driving analytics and trading strategies. Project managed LSE's innovative Market-Eye data service, which used TV signals to distribute data.
- Business and product analyst at the London Stock Exchange, determining business opportunities and creating product plans for the exchange's Radix digital data distribution platform, including liaising with joint venture partner IBM.
- Founded the Dealing with Technology newsletter, which was subsequently sold to Waters Information Services.
- Became President and Editor-in-Chief at Waters, before it was acquired by Risk Publications (which was then acquired by Incisive Media). Led a team of editorial and publishing executives with P&L responsibility at growth stage company.
- Opened Waters' London office and developed the company's online presence and events business. In partnership with Write Image (now Metia), created the long-running DWT event in London. More on the event here.
- Co-creator of the 'on Wall Street' events, covering topics such as Java, Linux, Web Services and HPC, which continue today.
- As Lighthouse, advised companies operating in a number of verticals, offering block chain, high performance computing, cloud, mobile services, secure internet transactions, Java application development, and business data integration.
- Former editor/publisher of A-Team Group's Low-Latency.com, BigDataForFinance.com and IntelligentTradingTechnology.com online resources and web communities.
- At A-Team Group, created and headed the company's events business, including several Low-Latency, Intelligent Trading and Data Management Summits held in London and New York City, which continue today.
- Alongside events at A-Team, created webinars and authored white papers and industry briefings for technology innovators.
- Also at A-Team, worked with Intel and it partners to create an educational website focused on the company's offerings and value proposition for the financial markets.
- More recently as Lighthouse, created the cryptomarketstech.com and block-chain.io educational resources, and The Block Chain Conference in order to focus on the developing blockchain and distributed ledger ecosystem. Subsequently, merged cryptomarketstech.com and block-chain.io into BTC Media's The Distributed Ledger e-newsletter and began regular contributions to the latter.
- Board member at GenomeWeb, an online publishing company focusing on bioinformatics and the business of genomic research and technology.
- Advisor to: Integrity Chain, a blockchain notary service, and The Distributed Ledger, an e-newsletter covering the world of blockchain.
- Owner and curator of the Blockchains, Distributed Ledger and Smart Contracts for Business LinkedIn group. Founder of the Austin Blockchain for Business Meetup. Founder/contributor to the #AustinBlockchain community blog.
- A UK national, Pete lived in London until crossing the pond to New York City in 1993. Pete moved to Austin, TX in 2009.