Based in Austin, TX, Pete is a business, marketing and technology consultant advising on innovation in the development and deployment of enterprise technologies.
With more than 30 years of business, technology and marketing experience, Pete helps both early stage and established IT companies with product and marketing strategies, with a particular focus on developing vertical industry go-to-market programs through partnerships, thought leadership creation and events.
Specific current technology interests include Big Data, HPC, In-Memory, Cloud technologies and Mobile technologies.
Pete's LinkedIn profile is here.
Here is some more background on Pete ...
- Software architect, developer and project manager at the London Stock Exchange, Fidessa, Unicom News and the Financial Times. Wrote code back in the day when one had to understand what 1s and 0s are and clock cycles were measured in microseconds. Still thinks RT-11 was just the best O/S.
- Founded the Dealing with Technology newsletter, which was subsequently sold to Waters Information Services.
- In due course, became President and Editor-in-Chief at Waters, before it was acquired by the bozos at Risk Publications (which was then acquired by [not very] Incisive Media). Opened Waters' London office and developed the company's online presence and events business. In partnership with Write Image (now Metia), created the legendary DWT event in London.
- Co-creator of the 'on Wall Street' events series, which sadly continues today. The events are really not that great nowadays - basically pay to play.
- As Lighthouse, has advised companies operating in a number of verticals, offering mobile services, secure internet transactions, M2M middleware, high performance Java application development, business data integration.
- Former editor/publisher of, and still a regular contributor to, A-Team Group's Intelligent Trading Technology web community (formerly Low-Latency.com and BigDataForFinance.com).
- At A-Team Group, created and headed the company's events business, authored a number of white papers, and moderated quite a few webinars.
- Board member at GenomeWeb, an online publishing company focusing on bioinformatics and the business of genomics.
- Active as a promoter and champion of great independent music.
- A UK national, Pete lived in and around London until crossing the pond to New York City in 1993. Pete moved to Austin, TX in 2009.